SALT LAKE CITY — The National Weather Service of Salt Lake City issued another winter weather advisory lasting from early Monday through Wednesday morning for all Utah mountains.
The snow will be on-again, off-again over the three-day period. Those snow showers will linger throughout Wednesday with light to moderate snowfall.
Details on our next winter storm:
*Periods light-moderate snow Mon-Wed. Snow will be more continuous in mountains with valleys seeing breaks in snow.
*Significant, low-density snow accumulations for northern and central mountains, especially the Cottonwood Canyons.#utwx pic.twitter.com/1NzcXhbqK9
— NWS Salt Lake City (@NWSSaltLakeCity) February 14, 2021
The NWS reports mountain routes will be impacted Monday, worsening on Tuesday. Valley roads will be somewhat impacted on Monday as well, but is more likely to be impacted on Tuesday.
Throughout the first half of the week, officials report high avalanche danger for all Utah mountains.
Today’s Top Stories
- Chad Daybell in court, prosecution offers new details
- Southeast Utah Health Department – The Hope Squad of Carbon and Emery Counties
- Investigators make major drug busts on I-80 in Utah
- Opioid addiction causes a Utah woman to spiral out of control
- Amazon boosts its minimum wage to $15 an hour
- New restrictions on fireworks to keep Utah residents safe
- Summit County tops 90% mark for over-70 vaccinations
- Chip Hayes – South Summit Middle School
- Recall issued on frozen Taquitos and Chimichangas
- Small cans lead to big sales for Coca-Cola