Winter storm prompts Utah school closures
Feb 17, 2021, 5:22 AM | Updated: 8:33 am
SALT LAKE CITY — An intense winter storm that began on Tuesday has prompted a number of schools across the Wasatch Front to cancel classes or move to remote only.
This story will update as new information is available.
- American Heritage of South Jordan
- Blessed Sacrament Catholic School
- Intermountain Christian School
- Juan Diego Catholic Schools
- Salt Lake Community College has canceled classes before noon, online classes may continue
- St. Francis Xavier School
- University of Utah has canceled classes before 11 am.
- Waterford School
- Westminster College – Until noon
- Canyons School District has closed schools on Wednesday and moved instruction online.
- Layton Christian Academy — 7-12 remote learning. Elementary students encouraged to come when they can.
Murray City School District will move to remote learning and a two-hour delay.
- Dugway School — 2-hour delay
- Judge Memorial Catholic High School — 2-hour delay
- Summit Academy & Summit Academy High