WEBER COUNTY — Utahns planning to get their COVID-19 vaccine in Weber County on Thursday of this week (Feb. 18) will have to wait until Monday, Feb. 22 instead.
The Weber County delays are due to the severe weather impacting the majority of the nation, vaccine shipments to the Weber-Morgan Health Department have been delayed.
The county said Wednesday around 700 appointments will be rescheduled for Monday, Feb. 22. All of the new appointments will be at the same time as originally scheduled. The Dee Events Center on the Weber State University campus remains the vaccinate site.
Weber County said it will notify clinic participants of the change via telephone or email.
According to the state of Utah’s coronavirus tracking webpage, Weber County is considered to have a “very high” rate of COVID-19 infections. The county has reported 27,199 positive cases of the virus. And nearly 170 residents of Weber County have died due to COVID-19.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus spreads person to person, similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Wear a mask to protect yourself and others per CDC recommendations.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet).
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities).
- Get a flu shot.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah man critically injured in bike crash at Canyonlands National Park
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- Starbucks has officially abandoned straws for sippy cup lids … well, mostly
- FBI Confidential: Human trafficking may be happening in your local park
- How does the Electoral College work?
- AP: Spencer Cox wins race for Utah governor
- Gamer Grandma: Meet 90-year-old Hamako Mori, the world’s oldest gamer on YouTube
- Sri Lanka suicide bomber was previously arrested and then released, government says
- Vangee Watts – Viewmont Elementary
- Former Venezuela prisoner Josh Holt appears with President Trump