UTAH COUNTY — When Marj Eldard heard that the state was making COVID-19 vaccination available to those 65 to 69 years old, she didn’t hesitate. She went immediately to the healthevents.utahcounty.gov website and found appointments for herself and her husband. Turns out those appointments were available for the same day, so Thursday afternoon, Marj and her husband drove down to the county’s vaccination site in Spanish Fork.
“From the moment we walked into the location to the moment we walked out was one hour,” she said. Marj and her husband received the Pfizer vaccine, so they’ll have to get a second dose. That was scheduled before they left, and they’ll be coming back in March to get it.
“Several people contacted me over Facebook and said, ‘How did you get that so easily?'” Eldard told KSL Newsradio. “I don’t know how it was so easy, but it was.”
To celebrate getting the vaccination, she posted a picture of herself on Facebook after the shot with her Scooby-Doo band-aid.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronaviruses transmitted from person to person. It is a virus that is similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Wear a mask.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah drivers licenses one step closer to going digital
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- Pandemic pause ends in Susan Powell parents lawsuit trial
- Lagoon ready to open without reservations
- Giovanni Pangan, Philippines mission president, dies of heart attack
- UPDATED: Six-year-old girl dies on golf course after being hit by dad’s golf ball
- Australian woman arrested for inciting anti-lockdown protests
- Police make sixth arrest in the kidnapping and murder of Kearns woman
- Passengers stuck on Amtrak train for about 20 hours finally on their way
- U. Hospital’s Bridge Program gives opioid addicts more treatment options