UTAH COUNTY — When Marj Eldard heard that the state was making COVID-19 vaccination available to those 65 to 69 years old, she didn’t hesitate. She went immediately to the healthevents.utahcounty.gov website and found appointments for herself and her husband. Turns out those appointments were available for the same day, so Thursday afternoon, Marj and her husband drove down to the county’s vaccination site in Spanish Fork.
“From the moment we walked into the location to the moment we walked out was one hour,” she said. Marj and her husband received the Pfizer vaccine, so they’ll have to get a second dose. That was scheduled before they left, and they’ll be coming back in March to get it.
“Several people contacted me over Facebook and said, ‘How did you get that so easily?'” Eldard told KSL Newsradio. “I don’t know how it was so easy, but it was.”
To celebrate getting the vaccination, she posted a picture of herself on Facebook after the shot with her Scooby-Doo band-aid.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronaviruses transmitted from person to person. It is a virus that is similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Wear a mask.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Today’s Top Stories
- Holladay Arts Council
- Huge haul of treasure stolen in German castle vault heist
- New “return to work” initiative for Utahns who lost jobs due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Predawn fire guts old church housing New York’s Liberty Bell
- Historic office of the Utah Boy Scouts has closed
- Utah Governor releases “Healthy Together” app to track spread of COVID-19
- What are the rules at the polling place in Utah?
- Is the kissing bug a threat in Utah?
- 2 injured in early morning house fire in Layton
- 137-year-old Winchester rifle found in Nevada has new home