OGDEN, Utah — The Ogden City Fire Department reported a chimney fire out of a two-story motel that was detected by bystanders around 5:45 p.m. Saturday. As crews arrived at the Colonial Motel on Washington Blvd to mitigate the flames, firefighters confirmed it was contained to the chimney area.
The cause is still under investigation, especially as crews discovered there was no fireplace attached to the chimney — so it’s unclear how the fire was started. However, crews estimate roughly $50,000 in damages.
Residents of the motel were evacuated as the crews suppressed the flames and no injuries were reported.
About 17 firefighters from the Ogden Fire Department responded to the incident, as well as two engines from the Northview Fire Department. Northview also provided two ladder trucks, one rescue truck and one ambulance.
This story is developing and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- How does Utah’s vaccination goal compare to Biden’s?
- Winter storm approaches Utah
- Portland protesters cause mayhem again, police officer hurt
- McDonald’s launches first new Chicken McNuggets flavor in nearly 40 years
- Electric scooter catches fire in U of U building, relocates classes
- Motivated workers kept airport terminal project relatively virus free
- Taco Tuesday coincides with Cinco de Mayo
- Getting the Call to Serve: 7 Easy and Fulfilling Ways to Get Your Future Missionary Prepared…
- BYU football preparing its offense for Northern Illinois
- Breanne Stump – Fox Hollow Elementary School