This story has been updated with new information, as we now know that Los Angeles County Firefighters did not require the ‘jaws of life’ to extricate Mr. Woods from the wreckage.
LOS ANGELES– Pro-golfer Tiger Woods sustained serious injuries in a rollover car accident Tuesday, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department (LASD).
Wood’s agent, Mark Steinberg, outlined the extent of the injuries shortly after the police confirmed the identity of the victim.
“Tiger Woods was in a single-car accident this morning in California where he suffered multiple leg injuries. He is currently in surgery and we thank you for your privacy and support,” said Steinberg.
Story updated with statement from Woods’ agent Mark Steinberg:
“Tiger Woods was in a single-car accident this morning in California where he suffered multiple leg injuries. He is currently in surgery and we thank you for your privacy and support.”https://t.co/z7kdbXOmLZ
— Daniel Rapaport (@Daniel_Rapaport) February 23, 2021
Authorities report the collision occurred around 7 a.m. PT on Tuesday morning in Rancho Palos Verdes, California, and Wood’s vehicle “sustained major damage.”
LASD has launched an investigation into the accident.
Today’s Top Stories
- What actually happened at Area 51?
- Gov Cox: All Utah residents eligible for vaccine next Wednesday
- Moose goes cliff-diving, swims off without a scratch
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces first ever African-American General Authority
- Dogs that attacked girl will not be euthanized
- Iranian hackers said to target presidential campaign
- Inmates cook up a fresh start in jail kitchen
- Living near a gun shop or in a rural area puts you at higher suicide risk
- Local police respond to nationwide T-Mobile issue
- Movie theater operators hope ‘Tom and Jerry’ gives the industry a much needed boost