This story has been updated with new information, as we now know that Los Angeles County Firefighters did not require the ‘jaws of life’ to extricate Mr. Woods from the wreckage.
LOS ANGELES– Pro-golfer Tiger Woods sustained serious injuries in a rollover car accident Tuesday, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department (LASD).
Wood’s agent, Mark Steinberg, outlined the extent of the injuries shortly after the police confirmed the identity of the victim.
“Tiger Woods was in a single-car accident this morning in California where he suffered multiple leg injuries. He is currently in surgery and we thank you for your privacy and support,” said Steinberg.
Story updated with statement from Woods’ agent Mark Steinberg:
“Tiger Woods was in a single-car accident this morning in California where he suffered multiple leg injuries. He is currently in surgery and we thank you for your privacy and support.”https://t.co/z7kdbXOmLZ
— Daniel Rapaport (@Daniel_Rapaport) February 23, 2021
Authorities report the collision occurred around 7 a.m. PT on Tuesday morning in Rancho Palos Verdes, California, and Wood’s vehicle “sustained major damage.”
LASD has launched an investigation into the accident.
Today’s Top Stories
- Proposed bill would allow students to take mental health days from school
- Wendy’s breakfast is starting to roll out
- Poll says 12% of Utahns say they will opt-out of the COVID-19 vaccine
- Anti-mask crowd fills Utah County Commission meeting on mask mandate, meeting abruptly called off
- Man stuck on avalanche deposit on Utah’s Mount Timpanogos
- Utah limo companies face inspections like buses, trucks
- Elizabeth Smart reveals details of assault, and what she’s doing about it
- Passenger says they asked boat driver to stop drinking before deadly Lake Powell crash
- Salt Lake City Council wants resident input on 2020-2021 fiscal budget
- Victim identified in fatal St. George shooting