SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City School District Board of Education announced a new superintendent Tuesday evening.
SLCSD board members unanimously voted to appoint Timothy Gadson, Ph.D., as the incoming superintendent for the Salt Lake City School District.
Pending contract negotiations, Gadson will begin his superintendency on July 1, 2021.
Gadson is currently Associate Superintendent of High Schools with Anoka-Hennepin Schools in Anoka, Minnesota.
He received his bachelor’s degree in Business Economics and Secondary Education from Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University in Tallahassee, Florida and his master’s and doctorate degrees from Washington State University in Pullman, Washington.
Gadson has served as an assistant principal and principal at various levels, including elementary school, middle school, high school, and alternative education in Broward County and Palm Beach County. He was also District Director of Secondary Education while employed with Palm Beach County School District. Gadson led reform and transformation efforts at several high schools in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and as Chief Transformation Officer with a private transformation firm from 2010 – 2012.
He supervised high school operations for the Austin Independent School District in Austin, Texas, served as Associate Superintendent with Atlanta Public Schools, and was Executive Director of Curriculum and Schools with Robbinsdale Area Schools in New Hope, Minnesota.
He says he believes that all children can learn and will learn when the curricular content and instructional delivery are both of quality and are culturally relevant and responsive.
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- What happened? Anatomy of a violent NASCAR crash
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- How someone’s pet goldfish destroyed an entire ecosystem at Maple Lake
- Growing up poor changes DNA, scientists find
- ‘I just wanted to be better’: Utah woman details experience with heroin addiction
- Hostage situation in Tooele ends with fatal officer-involved shooting
- Ogden man pleads guilty to fatally beating neighbor in 2018
- Police searching for man accused of stealing ducklings from ponds
- Dogs saved from South Korean meat farm come to Utah