(CNN) — In an analysis released Wednesday, the US Food and Drug Administration said the Johnson & Johnson Covid-19 vaccine has met the requirements for emergency use authorization.
The efficacy of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine against moderate to severe/critical Covid-19 across all geographic areas was 66.9% at least 14 days after the single-dose vaccination and 66.1% at least 28 days after vaccination, a new analysis meant to brief the FDA’s Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee said.
“There were no specific safety concerns identified in subgroup analyses by age, race, ethnicity, medical comorbidities, or prior SARS-CoV-2 infection,” the analysis said.
In a briefing document, the FDA said that it has reviewed the data for the vaccine and has determined that it is “consistent with the recommendations set forth in FDA’s guidance Emergency Use Authorization for Vaccines to Prevent COVID-19.”
An independent group of FDA advisers, the Vaccines and related Biological Products Advisory Committee, will consider the documents and make a recommendation about whether the Covid-19 vaccination should be authorized. The committee meets on Friday.
™ & © 2021 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronaviruses transmitted from person to person. It is a virus that is similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Wear a mask.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- 6.4-magnitude quake rattles Nevada
- Toxic algal bloom spotted on Utah Lake, a first for 2019
- Friends mourn Utah veterinarian shot in New Mexico
- Is the kissing bug a threat in Utah?
- Man arrested in connection with body found in Ogden
- UTA offering free fare to COVID-19 vaccination appointments
- Loving Little Cottonwood Canyon to death: is a gondola the answer?
- Susan Powell created a “paper trail” of evidence before her disappearance,…
- Two huge snakes fall through kitchen ceiling in Australia
- UPDATE: Lori Vallow appears in court on new charges in relation to the death of missing children