PROVO, Utah — The Provo Police Department has released the name of a man who police said was shooting at officers at the Vista Ridge Apartments in Provo on Thursday.
According to a police statement, Provo resident Keith Justin Taylor, age 44, had fled into his apartment at 80 S. 900 E. in Provo, after police had attempted to arrest him. They’d been called to the scene to investigate a gunshot.
The statement indicates that Taylor retrieved an AR-15 style rifle, and began firing on police.
Officer John Oseguera was seriously injured in the shooting after being hit at least twice in his lower body. He was able to take cover as other officers exchanged gunfire with Taylor, eventually wounding the suspect.
Provo police said that Taylor was treated for his injuries and released from the hospital today. He was booked at the Utah County Jail for felony discharge of a firearm as well as three counts of attempted aggravated murder against Provo police officers.
Police said that an investigation continues.
Today’s Top Stories
- Starbucks has officially abandoned straws for sippy cup lids … well, mostly
- Utah man critically injured in bike crash at Canyonlands National Park
- AP: Spencer Cox wins race for Utah governor
- How does the Electoral College work?
- FanX issues apology to local author, promises clear sexual harassment policy
- West Jordan double homicide ‘person of interest’ in custody
- Syracuse man sentenced in case of buried treasure
- Gamer Grandma: Meet 90-year-old Hamako Mori, the world’s oldest gamer on YouTube
- Former Venezuela prisoner Josh Holt appears with President Trump
- Cedar City is Packed with Fun Activities to Offer Everyone in the Family! Here are 4 Things…