SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah County Attorney has filed three charges against Keith Justin Taylor of Provo surrounding the February 25 shooting incident with Provo police officers.
Taylor is facing three charges of attempted criminal homicide, aggravated murder, and one charge of felony discharge of a firearm.
The incident involved a police officer discharging his weapon, and the matter is still under investigation by the Utah County Officer-Involved Critical Incident Team.
Taylor was identified by police as the man who was shooting at officers at the Vista Ridge Apartments in Provo on Thursday, Feb. 25.
Police documents show that Taylor had fled into his apartment at 80 S. 900 E. in Provo, after police had attempted to arrest him. They’d been called to the scene to investigate a gunshot.
The statement indicates that Taylor retrieved an AR-15 style rifle, and began firing on police.
Provo police said that Taylor was treated for his injuries and released from the hospital today. He was booked at the Utah County Jail for felony discharge of a firearm as well as three counts of attempted aggravated murder against Provo police officers.
Today’s Top Stories
- Ogden man arrested for attempted murder, kidnapping
- President Trump says he wants background check laws, also reassures NRA
- Millcreek and Salt Lake cities find agreement on new boundaries
- Anti-vaccination signs over freeway deemed a distraction, taken down
- Passenger says they asked boat driver to stop drinking before deadly Lake Powell crash
- Video of accusations at a fast and testimony meeting sparks response
- Colorado reports first confirmed case of COVID-19 variant in the US
- Macey’s BYU Ultimate Fan Box 2020
- Utah lawmakers push for ERA ratification, reviving political battle
- Layton Utah Temple site announced