Let’s be honest, your favorite radio station or song is more likely to start your day off right than a blaring alarm. If you have a Google Home speaker, it’s easy to start your day with Tim and Amanda and get up to speed before you even get out of bed. In fact, all you have to do is give the voice command, “Hey Google, wake me up at 7.30AM to KSL NewsRadio”.
Of course, there are a few different ways to word your request depending on how you want to wake up:
What to say
- Radio alarm: say, “Hey Google, set a KSL NewsRadio alarm for [time and day].”
- Band or musician: “Hey Google, set an alarm for [time and day] that plays [name of band or musician].”
- Genre: “Ok Google, set a [genre] music alarm for [time and day].”
- Song or playlist: “Ok Google, set a media alarm for [time and day].” Your assistant will ask what you want it to play, and you can respond with the song and artist or playlist title.
Recurring alarms can also be set by saying “every day” at the end of your request.
Make it stop
Finally awake? It’s time to stop the alarm. To turn google smart home off immediately, simply say “Stop.” If you let the music play for more than a few seconds, you’ll have to use a regular “Hey Google” command to get it to shut up. Alarms continue for 10 minutes by default if you don’t snooze or stop them.
Looking to listen to the radio outside of the morning alarm? Here’s a few simple commands you can use to listen all day long.
Related: Life Hack: How to set an alarm on Alexa and wake up to KSL NewsRadio
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah man gets up to life in prison in ex-girlfriend’s death
- Winter solstice 2019: A short day that’s long on ancient traditions
- Mercy Housing Mountain Plains
- Cops looking for woman after she allegedly uses a taser on 9-year-old boy
- Surgeon General on coronavirus: ‘This week is going to get bad’
- Sneakers designed in honor of Obama to go on sale for $25,000
- No, police aren’t responsible for enforcing the face mask mandate
- Children’s Service Society
- Former Venezuela prisoner Josh Holt appears with President Trump
- “Freak accident” claims two moose calves near Mountain Dell Golf Course