SALT LAKE CITY — It was a bad day for accidents on Utah roads despite a recent dry weather spell that’s left the roads perfectly dry as well.
Accidents on Utah roads Wednesday
I-80 traffic delay
Utah Highway Patrol Lt. Nick Street confirmed that at 2:00 a.m. a male jumped off the bridge on 1300 S onto I-80 Southbound. He survived the fall but is in critical condition.
Traffic was delayed in both directions for three hours as crews worked to secure the scene. No further details have been provided.
Driver Alert: WB I-80 is closed at MP 126, 1300 E in Sugar House. Use exit 126 to 1300 E, turn left and then rejoin WB I-80. Check the UDOT Traffic App or @waze for updates. @UDOTRegionTwo @UtahTrucking @UtahDOT
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) March 10, 2021
South Ogden accident
A crash involving two vehicles occurred at 3:51 p.m. This accident caused a 20-minute traffic delay. The Utah Department of Traffic confirmed traffic was stopped in both directions of 40th and Washington Boulevard.
There were no reported injuries. No further information was provided.
I-80 semi rollover spilling dieselThis accident happened at 4:30 p.m. right at the beginning of the evening rush.
Lt. Nick Street with Utah Highway Patrol confirmed that a minor collision happened on westbound I-80 at about milepost 137. Then, five miles down the road near milepost 132, a pickup truck sideswiped a semi. The pickup rolled, and diesel fuel began spilling out.
Crews worked for two hours to clear the area and caused traffic to back up the canyon for miles.
Today’s Top Stories
- Courage Reins
- These 9 hand sanitizers may contain a potentially fatal ingredient, FDA warns
- What are you Eating for the Big Game? 5 Quick and Easy Recipes for Sunday Game Food that…
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- How bad does it hurt to be stung by a giant murder hornet?
- Grace Struiksma – Channing Hall Charter School
- Pres. Trump escalates war on Twitter, social media protections
- Salt Lake shoppers looking for deals on Black Friday
- Write-in candidate requests a list mailed to voters, naming write-in candidates
- Some Utah Jazz players’ heights shrunk a bit