The Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) will start charging tolls again Friday morning for single-occupant vehicles using the express lanes through the Technology Corridor project on I-15 through Lehi to Point-of-the-Mountain. The project was recently completed and six lanes of traffic are now operating in each direction.
John Gleason with UDOT outlined the rules for the express lanes.
“They can only be used by car poolers, buses, motorcycles, emergency vehicles, ‘C’ decal vehicles and those vehicles with an express pass,” Gleason said.
The revenue collected from drivers who use the Express Pass transponders, he said, is used to operate the express lane system, which now stretches along I-15 from Weber County into Utah County.
Today’s Top Stories
- Need something last minute? Here’s what is open Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Peace and conflict: Talking politics and navigating tension over the holidays
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- Three arrests in connection with Sapphire Drive homicide in Sandy
- All six female Utah state senators walk out to protest invasive abortion ultrasound
- Trump outstripping Obama on pace of executive orders
- Florida vacation home invaded by vomiting vultures
- VIDEO: Police shooting in Holladay sends one person to hospital
- Arkansas, Utah lawmakers pass 18-week abortion bans
- UPDATE: Search crews find missing 17-year-old in Millcreek Canyon