SALT LAKE CITY — The South Salt Lake Police Department is questioning a woman who called Friday night claiming she had shot and killed her husband, with few details about the incident released.
The police department reported receiving the phone call around 11:51 p.m. Friday, as officers responded to 583 W. Billinis Road. Officers report they found a 66-year-old man dead on-scene, according to spokesperson Danielle Croyle.
The woman who turned herself in will be questioned further Saturday morning as police process the scene. There is no prior history of criminal activity at the address, according to Croyle.
No identifying details of the man were released as of Saturday morning.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake City Moving To New Neighborhood Clean Up Program
- NFL 2019: Pass interference reviews main topic in season 100
- WATCH: Dad builds backyard roller coaster during shelter in place
- COLD: Computer at heart of Josh Powell custody dispute did not belong to him
- Dave & Dujanovic: Conceal or reveal jail mugshots?
- Alaska moose poacher fined $100,000, sentenced to jail
- A Utah man dies while swimming at Deer Creek State Park
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Man crashes vehicle into Layton business
- Pope sends strong message to US Catholics after Floyd death