SALT LAKE CITY — The South Salt Lake Police Department is questioning a woman who called Friday night claiming she had shot and killed her husband, with few details about the incident released.
The police department reported receiving the phone call around 11:51 p.m. Friday, as officers responded to 583 W. Billinis Road. Officers report they found a 66-year-old man dead on-scene, according to spokesperson Danielle Croyle.
The woman who turned herself in will be questioned further Saturday morning as police process the scene. There is no prior history of criminal activity at the address, according to Croyle.
No identifying details of the man were released as of Saturday morning.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake City Marathon brings road closures Saturday morning
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- Marc Miller & Seth Peterson, Probation Officers
- Lacy Turner, Kaysville Police Department
- Friend: no matter what missing girl did, she doesn’t deserve to be shamed
- To eat, or not to eat breakfast — that is the question
- More stores add facemask requirements, enforcing them is another story
- Travels with President Nelson: Touching the hearts of Church members around the world
- Man suspected in freeway stabbing booked into jail, drug use suspected
- Tsunami threat issued after powerful quake hits between Cuba and Jamaica