SALT LAKE CITY — On your mark, get set, vaccinate Davis County!
All Utahns ages 16 and older can get the COVID-19 vaccine starting Wednesday, March 24, said Utah Gov. Spencer Cox.
Vaccine in Davis County
“How many people are you vaccinating every day? And if you had enough doses, how many could you handle?” Dave asked.
“So right now we’re operating our clinics six days a week, Monday through Saturday, from 10 am to 5 pm. And we are vaccinating anywhere between 2,000 to 2,500 people a day. When we get more vaccine, we’re more than likely going to be expanding our hours and when that happens, we believe that we’ll be able to get through 4,000 to 4,500 people a day,” Warner said.
Vaccine demand outstrips supply
“At this point, is it really just waiting for the supply? Like how many doses are you getting each week? And are you waiting for more?” Davis asked.
“We would always take more. We get about 7,200 brand new first doses each week,” Warner said. “And so we’re vaccinating anywhere between, 13,000 and 15,000 people per week when we combine first and second doses. Dave’s seen it up here. We’ve got 30 nursing stations that are fully staffed. . . . So yeah, that’s the only thing that’s holding us up is that we just don’t have the supply of vaccine because if we had it, we’d be rolling through it.”
“Congratulations on the successes you’ve had so far,” Dave said. “Fingers crossed that it continues to go smoothly and the sign-ups going on this morning got gobbled up in a hurry, but keep checking the website, keep checking the times because people do drop off or they change their time . . . Just stay vigilant, if you want to appointment, just keep checking.”
Dave & Dujanovic can be heard weekdays from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. on KSL NewsRadio. Users can find the show on the KSL NewsRadio website and app, a.s well as Apple Podcasts and Google Play.
Today’s Top Stories
- Much of Utah under severe weather warnings
- Sergeant Dusty Butler, Emery County Sheriff’s Office
- Abe Yospe – Westland Elementary
- Jason Ruch, Saratoga Springs PD
- Jeremy Barnes, Utah Department of Public Safety
- Romance scam uses military photos to fool widow
- Officer Preston Casey, Centerville
- Most Deseret Industries stores along the Wasatch Front open by Friday, with changes
- Connect KSL to your Amazon Echo Device
- Gap shares fall after Kanye West threatens to walk away from Yeezy deal