SALT LAKE CITY — Troopers with the Utah Highway Patrol (UHP) say a man died after a single-vehicle crash near Oakley, Utah, early Sunday morning.
The UHP says that at the intersection of SR-32 and New Lane, a Subaru Legacy ran off the roadway to the right.
The UHP says the Subaru hit an embankment and became airborne.
While airborne, the Subaru reportedly hit a large power pole before overturning and stopping off of the roadway.
According to UHP Troopers, there was one person in the Subaru, and that he was ejected from the car.
Troopers say he was not wearing a seatbelt and was pronounced dead at the scene.
An investigation continues, and Troopers say alcohol is being investigated as a possible contributing factor in the crash.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- 2 men charged in ’02 killing of Run-DMC star Jam Master Jay
- Grandson arrested on suspicion of murder in SLC house fire
- Should we lower the voting age to 16? Nancy Pelosi says: “Yes.”
- How to make sure you weather the storm and cleanup safely
- Golden Spoke Event
- Utah man charged, accused of threatening people displaying a Trump flag
- Fraud Alerts! 3 Ways Bad Guys are Trying to Get Access to Your Information and How You Can…
- US Army warns about fake text messages about military draft
- SLCO D.A. creates conviction review advisory board
- Coronavirus enters Salt Lake County jails