SALT LAKE CITY — Several good samaritans stopped to help a Utah Highway Patrol (UHP) trooper Tuesday afternoon as he struggled to prevent a suicidal person from attempting to jump from an I-15 onramp onto 4500 South below.
In the video, the good samaritans are seen joining the rescue effort, and together they were able to bring the individual back to safety. UHP Trooper Cpl. Battenfield helped saved the person, according to spokesman Lt. Nick Street.
If you or a friend or loved one is struggling with suicidal thoughts, there is help for you here.
If you are in immediate need, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- Officer Dallas Smith & Officer Cory Lewis, Spanish Fork Police Department
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Park City hiker in Idaho
- DNC chairman effectively kills plans for virtual caucuses
- This year’s Ute Stampede Rodeo in Nephi is a go
- US Speedskating coach Ryan Shimabukuro has heart attack
- Bodies of man and his slave unearthed from ashes at Pompeii
- UMA: Doctors discouraged to issue “mask exemptions”
- Federal charges filed against many white supremacist gang members and associates in Utah
- New info suggests Josh Powell destroyed evidence in wife’s disappearance