SALT LAKE CITY — Several good samaritans stopped to help a Utah Highway Patrol (UHP) trooper Tuesday afternoon as he struggled to prevent a suicidal person from attempting to jump from an I-15 onramp onto 4500 South below.
In the video, the good samaritans are seen joining the rescue effort, and together they were able to bring the individual back to safety. UHP Trooper Cpl. Battenfield helped saved the person, according to spokesman Lt. Nick Street.
If you or a friend or loved one is struggling with suicidal thoughts, there is help for you here.
If you are in immediate need, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- How someone’s pet goldfish destroyed an entire ecosystem at Maple Lake
- What happened? Anatomy of a violent NASCAR crash
- Salt Lake police investigating after Zoom class is hacked, displays pornographic images
- Utah ski resorts plan for good year despite low snow, pandemic
- Growing up poor changes DNA, scientists find
- Hill Air Force Base Open Aircraft Day
- Utah State Parks annual pass fee increased
- Home prices increase in Salt Lake City during the pandemic