SALT LAKE CITY — Several good samaritans stopped to help a Utah Highway Patrol (UHP) trooper Tuesday afternoon as he struggled to prevent a suicidal person from attempting to jump from an I-15 onramp onto 4500 South below.
In the video, the good samaritans are seen joining the rescue effort, and together they were able to bring the individual back to safety. UHP Trooper Cpl. Battenfield helped saved the person, according to spokesman Lt. Nick Street.
If you or a friend or loved one is struggling with suicidal thoughts, there is help for you here.
If you are in immediate need, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Smoky skies and heat make their return to Utah
- WATCH: Ogden police speak after chase ends with suspect dead and officers hurt
- Devon Krebs, Mapleton City Police Department
- Long, complicated process awaits Afghan refugees in Utah
- Cedar City is Packed with Fun Activities to Offer Everyone in the Family! Here are 4 Things…
- Elder Oaks reiterates opposition to same-sex marriage
- Goshen Fire in Utah County near Santaquin sparked by target shooting
- New info suggests Josh Powell destroyed evidence in wife’s disappearance
- Gov. Herbert issues statewide mask mandate, declares state of emergency
- JayMac: Macin Smith update: My brother was allegedly investigated in Macin’s disappearance