SALT LAKE CITY — Ten months after Sarah Frei was hit by a drunk driver in a horrific car accident — leading to a three-month hospital stay and her legs being amputated — she sat down with Project Recovery host Casey Scott to speak about her experience.
Scott, a recovering alcoholic, had once caused an accident himself while driving drunk. As the two spoke, Frei said she wished the driver who caused her accident handled the situation more like Scott did.
“It would be a lot easier to forgive if my driver said sorry,” Frei said.
Frei was on her way home from Bear Lake on July 30, 2020, when her car was hit by a suspected drunk driver in Logan Canyon. The crash “instantly paralyzed” from the waist down and she later had to have her legs amputated.
She underwent 20 surgeries and was in the hospital for about three months. Since being released, Frei’s been inspiring anyone who hears her story.
Over the last few months, Frei’s continued cheerleading, finishing high school remotely, speaking at church fireside chats and more.
“I just try to make the most out of every situation because I can’t control what has happened to me,” she said. “I’m not doing much. There’s not like a secret formula. I just am who I am and want to spread positivity.”
You can listen to the full conversation between Sarah Frei and Project Recovery host Casey Scott here:
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- SWAT standoff in Millcreek comes to an end; three deceased individuals discovered
- Take a Deep Breath: 5 Reasons Zermatt Utah in Midway is the Relaxing Getaway You’ve Been Looking For
- Best Friends Animal Society offers fun ideas to entertain kids and pets alike
- New evacuations, closures from Coal Hollow Fire
- Teammates, fans, NAACP defending Tyler Huntley after viral Tweet
- My father is an addict — one child’s letter about addiction
- 191st Annual General Conference
- ‘Come and Get Your Love’ gets an official music video 46 years later
- Utah Jazz plane bird strike was especially bad according to officials
- Boil water advisory still in effect for a portion of Pleasant Grove