SALT LAKE CITY — When Garth Brooks comes to Salt Lake City this summer, his show will represent Ticketmaster’s fastest stadium ticket sell-out ever.
The Garth Brooks Stadium Tour plans to come to Rice-Eccles Stadium in Salt Lake City on July 17. Over 50,000 tickets were sold in less than 30 minutes.
It’s not the first time Garth Brooks has broken records. The number one-selling solo artist in US history, according to the RIAA, Brooks boasts 157 million album sales. He’s also won the Country Music Awards “Entertainer of the Year” award a record-breaking seven times.
Brooks’ Rice-Eccles appearance will also be the stadium’s first concert in 10 years.
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- Would a border wall stop Utah’s gang problem?
- Salt Lake County assesses windstorm damage, opens warming centers
- Holladay Arts Council
- New “return to work” initiative for Utahns who lost jobs due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Huge haul of treasure stolen in German castle vault heist
- Utah Governor releases “Healthy Together” app to track spread of COVID-19
- Predawn fire guts old church housing New York’s Liberty Bell
- Australian woman arrested for inciting anti-lockdown protests
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- Police say drug ring run by teen had ties to many Utah schools