Garth Brooks breaks record for Salt Lake City concert ticket sales
SALT LAKE CITY — When Garth Brooks comes to Salt Lake City this summer, his show will represent Ticketmaster’s fastest stadium ticket sell-out ever.
The Garth Brooks Stadium Tour plans to come to Rice-Eccles Stadium in Salt Lake City on July 17. Over 50,000 tickets were sold in less than 30 minutes.
It’s not the first time Garth Brooks has broken records. The number one-selling solo artist in US history, according to the RIAA, Brooks boasts 157 million album sales. He’s also won the Country Music Awards “Entertainer of the Year” award a record-breaking seven times.
Brooks’ Rice-Eccles appearance will also be the stadium’s first concert in 10 years.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah fourth-grader pushes for eco-friendly lunch room
- Food drive: Help feed Utah’s hungry
- 2020 Watch: On eve of New Hampshire, is Mayor Pete for real?
- Man facing reckless driving charges after incident in Stockton, police say
- Movie Review: Childhood nostalgia with “Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark”
- Historic office of the Utah Boy Scouts has closed
- Utah group heads to Arizona with supplies for small Navajo Nation town
- 3 missionaries involved in car accident in Dominican Republic; results in 1 death
- Taking the terror out of nightmares using sound during REM sleep
- Long lines for “Hamilton” tickets in Salt Lake City