Pair of former Jazz players share optimism about current team
SALT LAKE CITY — As the Jazz prepare for game one of their second-round playoff series, a pair of former Utah players weighing in on the current squad.
Stockton, Dr. Dunkenstein like current Jazz team
Both Darrell Griffith and John Stockton know plenty about playing in the postseason.
Griffith made it to the playoffs with the Jazz in six separate seasons, while Stockton notably helped Utah reach both the 1997 and 1998 NBA Finals.
When reflecting on the 2021 team, Griffith says it’s their inherent unselfishness that impresses him.
“I think they have an excellent chance against anybody, because they’re such an unselfish team,” he told KSL. “They’re unselfish amongst each other. They don’t care who goes off, they just want to win.”
Stockton is also optimistic about the current team, saying they have excellent depth.
“They’re not relient on one guy every minute to carry the load,” explained the ten time NBA All-Star. “They move the ball around, they’re playing well together and they pass the ball, which I think is unique… I think the sky is the limit for them.”
Jazz prepare for LA Clippers, await news on Mike Conley
Game one of the series between Utah and the Los Angeles Clippers will be played Tuesday at 8 pm MST in Salt Lake City. Game two will be played at the same time on Thursday, before the series eventually moves to Los Angeles on Saturday for game three.
The Jazz beat the LA Clippers twice this season in three total matchups.
One thing to keep an eye on leading up to Tuesday night is the availability of Jazz point guard Mike Conley.
Conley reaggravated a right hamstring injury in the first-quarter of game five against Memphis last Wednesday. He’s set to be reevaluated by team doctors prior to the start of the Western Conference Semifinals.
Today’s Top Stories
- More pickleball courts (and more players) coming to South Jordan
- Pack your bags! Extended stays at Bear Lake await you
- Amazon announces new fulfillment center, 800 jobs in West Jordan
- Utah’s new free mask program sees high demand and wait times
- Meline Hansen – Midas Creek Elementary
- Utah homeschooling is on the rise. What does that say about education in Utah?
- Child porn investigation leads to meth discovery, closure of Sandy daycare
- Salt Lake ranks fourth nationally for pickleball but what is it?
- Herriman Mayor, amidst calls for his resignation, apologizes for misuse of city funds
- Argentine soccer great Diego Maradona dies at 60