SEVIER, Utah — Utah fire officials reported a new fire that started near Willow Creek Canyon and the town of Redmond.
Fire near Willow Creek Canyon
Officials have not confirmed if this fire was human-caused or caused naturally.
New Start: #WillowCreekFire near Willow Creek Canyon & East of the town of Redman. Fire is very visible in Sevier/Sanpete Co. Actively running in pinyon juniper & growing rapidly. 25+ acres. Air & ground resources on scene. More info to come when available. #kmyffsl pic.twitter.com/Ymx5QcuJmq
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) July 8, 2021
The fire itself is visible in Sevier and Sanpete County in southern Utah. Additionally, it has already claimed 25 acres, possibly more, and is growing rapidly.
According to the National Park Service, “The majority of pinyon-juniper woodlands are found in regions subject to temperature extremes and limited moisture availability.” With limited moisture available, it can make the fire grow quickly.
Officials reported they have both air and ground resources on the scene to mitigate the fire.
This story is developing and more information will be added.
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- AP Question and Answer: Does wearing a mask pose any health risks?
- Emergency crews train for large-scale attack
- Lynda Davis – Morningside Elementary
- Dave & Dujanovic: Utah coronavirus survivor talks about his ordeal
- Trish Morrison – Willow Canyon Elementary
- Conservationists dealing with the spread of graffiti in Cottonwood canyons
- Utah mother tells her story of coping after losing a daughter to a fentanyl overdose
- ‘La Llorona’ movie promotion with Mexican healers draws fire
- 2 Dillinger relatives doubt body in grave is the gangster
- Disney will require masks at parks in indoor areas in Florida and California