PINEVIEW RESERVOIR, Utah — Weber County officials are searching for a missing 16-year-old teenager who disappeared, while in the water at Pineview Reservoir Sunday afternoon.
According to officials, the 16-year-old was swimming with friends, and were attempting to swim from one shore to the other (Middle Inlet Beach going south). When they realized they wouldn’t make it, they turned back. The teenager never returned.
Search and rescue is searching the water with dive teams, sonar and a drone.
Authorities also said none of the swimmers were wearing life jackets.
No additional information was provided.
Today’s Top Stories
- Live Mic: Former Secret Service agents talk about protecting Joe Biden
- JayMac: Macin Smith update: My brother was allegedly investigated in Macin’s disappearance
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- State fire marshal talks about Lake Mountain Middle School delays
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces first ever African-American General Authority
- Federal charges filed against many white supremacist gang members and associates in Utah
- Mayochup? You mean Fry Sauce
- Athletes at the Tokyo Olympics will not need a vaccine to participate, organizers say
- Sen. Romney calls on federal government to update country’s response to wildfires
- Mary Livingston – Desert Hills Middle School