SALT LAKE CITY — A new study ranks Salt Lake City as the third best and friendliest city in the country — for cats.
According to pet insurance company One-Vet, after ranking 5 factors across 50 cities in the US, Salt Lake City came out victorious.
One-Vet said they used five different factors to determine a friendliness scale for felines. They looked at things like the number of rentals per one-thousand that allow cats, the number of veterinarians, the number of cat adoptions, and the number of “Cat Cafes.”
It looks like a Tinker’s Cat Cafe on 900 S could have edged Salt Lake above the competition. On their website, the cat cafe says they are the first feline-friendly cafe in Utah that provides adoption services alongside pastries and “catpuccinos.”
Also adding to the high scores in Salt Lake was a relatively high number of cats that were adopted per population. Salt Lake ranked 5th overall in the number of adoptions per 100,000. (So the C in SLC may stand for cat.)
The two cities that beat Salt Lake were both from Florida, with Miami taking the top spot and Orlando coming in a close second.
On the flip side, the worst place for some feline friends was New York City. The difficulty for owners to find cat-friendly homes, close veterinarians, and pet stores were the biggest pitfalls according to One-Vet.
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- Orem among the top 25 best cities to Trick or Treat in America
- Provo PD seeing many cars with illegal black license plates
- Man recovering from injuries after Saratoga Springs head-on crash
- How Laurie Holt went from Mama Bear to unstoppable force
- UPDATE: Ogden police officer, and suspect, dead after officer-involved shooting
- Melanie Fisher – Bluffdale Elementary
- UPS is hiring thousands of workers in Utah this holiday season
- Fears of ‘Wild West’ as COVID-19 blood tests hit the market
- Mrs. Bonnie Sulz – Northridge Elementary
- A case of mistaken identity leads to online death threats for Utah woman