SALT LAKE CITY — Nonstop flights to Los Angeles from Utah are going to become a lot more available. Both the Provo and St. George airports will start offering nonstop flights to L.A. beginning in September.
Flights from Provo to Los Angeles
The flights will be available beginning Sept. 17. People will be able to travel twice a week from the Provo Airport to Burbank, Calif.
“We are looking forward to bringing more choice, affordability and the Avelo Soul of Service to Provo,” said Chairman and CEO of Avelo Airlines Andrew Levy.
The airline said one-way flights will start at $49.
“Avelo’s goal of ‘refreshingly smooth travel’ matches the reason so many travelers choose the Provo Airport: convenience, affordability and fewer crowds,” Provo Mayor Michelle Kaufusi said.
Flights from St. George to L.A. available
As part of the expansion, non-stop flights to L.A. will also be coming to southern Utah.
“With this exclusive nonstop service to Los Angeles, St. George now has direct access to the best of Southern California through the region’s most convenient and relaxing airport. L.A. has never been easier or more affordable to reach, ” Levy said.
St. George Regional Airport Manager Rich Stehmeier added, “The return of convenient, nonstop access to Southern California is a big step forward for us.”
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- Holladay Arts Council
- Huge haul of treasure stolen in German castle vault heist
- Predawn fire guts old church housing New York’s Liberty Bell
- 2 injured in early morning house fire in Layton
- Draper confirms firefighter killed in CA is one of theirs
- Eilish, who gives voice to troubled youth, tops the Grammys
- Wildlife resources officers seek information in deer poaching case
- Donovan Mitchell and mom talk about growing up Spida
- No, the Wasatch Front didn’t just have another earthquake. Here’s what we know.
- Gary Herbert gives his final speech as Utah governor