PARK CITY, Utah — The Sundance Film Festival is welcoming back moviegoers in person for 2022, but you’ll need to be fully vaccinated to sit in a theater.
Organizers issued a statement saying, “One of our most important considerations is how best to safely bring together artists, audiences, volunteers, and staff from around the world.” The statement also said they want all those gathering in Park City to feel comfortable.
The 2022 Festival is scheduled to run from January 20 – 30th at several venues in Park City, the Sundance Mountain Resort and in Salt Lake City. Virtual programming for the Sundance Film Festival will also be available for those who can’t attend in person or are not vaccinated.
This year’s festival was completely virtual and gave Sundance its biggest audience to date; even with a shortened schedule due to the pandemic. So, organizers are hoping to capitalize on the streaming audience which saw more than 251,000 downloads from the offerings in 2021.
— Heather Kelly (@KSLHeatherKelly) August 4, 2021
Today’s Top Stories
- AP Question and Answer: Does wearing a mask pose any health risks?
- Emergency crews train for large-scale attack
- Lynda Davis – Morningside Elementary
- Dave & Dujanovic: Utah coronavirus survivor talks about his ordeal
- Trish Morrison – Willow Canyon Elementary
- Conservationists dealing with the spread of graffiti in Cottonwood canyons
- Utah mother tells her story of coping after losing a daughter to a fentanyl overdose
- ‘La Llorona’ movie promotion with Mexican healers draws fire
- 2 Dillinger relatives doubt body in grave is the gangster
- Disney will require masks at parks in indoor areas in Florida and California