SPANISH FORK, Utah — Investigators are arriving to the scene where a body has been found behind Costco in Spanish Fork. Lt. Brandon Anderson confirmed the body of a middle-aged male was found in a canal near a well-traveled trail.
The trail runs parallel along I-15 near the Spanish Fork Costco and Deseret Meat Packing plant.
“Somebody on the trail noticed a body on the side of this canal in the water and they called it in,” Anderson said.
Anderson reported the cause of death is still under investigation and there is nothing that stands out at this time. “It [the body] doesn’t appear to have been there a long time because the body is still in decent shape,” Anderson explained.
There are no further details about this case.
This story is breaking and will be updated with more information.
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- Conservationists dealing with the spread of graffiti in Cottonwood canyons
- AP Question and Answer: Does wearing a mask pose any health risks?
- ‘La Llorona’ movie promotion with Mexican healers draws fire
- Utah mother tells her story of coping after losing a daughter to a fentanyl overdose
- Emergency crews train for large-scale attack
- Site of Mackenzie Lueck murder up for sale… described as what?
- Fans allowed in the stands again with first Salt Lake Bees home game
- Adopt A Native Elder
- Someone painted “racist” on Brigham Young statue at BYU
- Ms. SusieDee Miller – North Davis Junior High