WASHINGTON (AP) — The number of Americans applying for unemployment benefits fell last week by 14,000 to 385,000 more evidence that the economy and the job market are rebounding briskly from the coronavirus recession.
Today’s Top Stories
- Would a border wall stop Utah’s gang problem?
- Salt Lake County assesses windstorm damage, opens warming centers
- Holladay Arts Council
- New “return to work” initiative for Utahns who lost jobs due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Huge haul of treasure stolen in German castle vault heist
- Utah Governor releases “Healthy Together” app to track spread of COVID-19
- Predawn fire guts old church housing New York’s Liberty Bell
- Australian woman arrested for inciting anti-lockdown protests
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- Police say drug ring run by teen had ties to many Utah schools