Utah Jazz announce 2021-22 regular-season schedule
Aug 20, 2021, 2:51 PM
(Photo by Alex Goodlett/Getty Images)
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz announced its 2021-22 regular-season schedule Friday afternoon.
The season will tip for the Jazz on Oct. 20 with a home game against the Oklahoma City Thunder. Utah will play at Sacramento two nights later in its first road game of the season.
Key dates in the season schedule
Other games of note for the Jazz include a Christmas Day matchup with the Dallas Mavericks at Vivint Arena with a start time of 8:30 p.m.
The Jazz will face Denver on Oct. 26 in a nationally televised game. The Philadelphia 76ers come to town on Nov. 16, while the Los Angeles Clippers will play their first of two games in Salt Lake City on Dec. 15.
The NBA champions Milwaukee Bucks will make their only appearance in Salt Lake City on March 14. The Jazz will also play a nationally televised game at Phoenix on Feb. 27.
In all, the Jazz are scheduled to play on national television 26 times.
The Jazz schedule includes 13 sets of back-to-back games. Utah will conclude its regular-season on April 10, 2022 with a game at Portland.
Utah’s longest homestand of the season will be Dec. 15-25 and Feb. 2-14. The Jazz longest road trip of the season will be March 20-29.
On Friday, the Jazz announced the addition of Erdem Can to Quin Snyder’s coaching staff.
Most recently, Can served as an assistant coach for Fenerbahce in the Turkish first division from 2012-21. While he was there, Can helped the team to four Turkish League Championships, three Turkish Cups, five EuroLeague Final Fours, three EuroLeague Finals and one EuroLeague Championship.
He also served as an assistant for the Jazz during the Summer League in Salt Lake City and Las Vegas.
Can is a native of Turkey. In addition to his background in basketball, Can also received a master’s degree in political science and public administration in 2003.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Suspect in custody in South Salt Lake homicide
- Nate Crandall – Blackridge Elementary
- From Addict to Ironman: Todd Crandall runs #93 tomorrow in St. George
- Mayor suspends officers involved in man’s suffocation death
- Man recovering from injuries after Saratoga Springs head-on crash
- Woman sentenced for allegedly buying biological weapon to kill roommate
- Two workers from Wasatch Electric electrocuted while working in West Valley City
- Ex-boyfriend arrested, accused of shooting a woman while she was driving