SALT LAKE CITY — An app called “Docket” allows Utah residents to take their COVID-19 vaccine card with them anywhere — even if that piece of paper stays at home.
Utah Department of Health Immunization Director Rich Lakin tells KSL NewsRadio’s Dave & Dujanovic the Docket app allows you to carry all of your immunization and vaccination records with you, not just your COVID-19 vaccine record. It does that using information from the Utah immunization record system, which is called USIIS (pronounced “you-sis”).
USIIS feeds the Docket vaccine app
Your doctor or pharmacy should keep your USIIS information up to date. In turn, that will update your vaccine information on the Docket app.
“If it’s not entered into USIIS, then it will not show up on Docket,” Lakin explained. “So you need to go back to your private physician, your local health department, your pharmacy or wherever you got the shot, and have them enter it into USIIS so you can have it on the Docket app.”
In addition to COVID-19 vaccine information, the Docket app could tell you whether you need other vaccines. For example, it can show TDAP (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis, or whooping cough) booster status. It can also tell you when you received your last flu shot.
Vaccine status on the go?
He hopes to use the virtual version of his vaccine card on his next vacation.
“I’m leaving on a cruise, hopefully, in October — I’m taking the Docket app, which has my records on it,” he said, though he added he’ll bring his paper copy along just in case. “But I’m going to try the Docket and see if the cruise line accepts the vaccination records on that app.”
Lakin called the system both secure and protected. It’s available in the Apple App Store as well as Google Play Store.
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- Holladay Arts Council
- New “return to work” initiative for Utahns who lost jobs due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Predawn fire guts old church housing New York’s Liberty Bell
- Huge haul of treasure stolen in German castle vault heist
- 2 injured in early morning house fire in Layton
- Eilish, who gives voice to troubled youth, tops the Grammys
- Donovan Mitchell and mom talk about growing up Spida
- Facts, not fear: KSL NewsRadio’s coronavirus resource center
- Draper confirms firefighter killed in CA is one of theirs
- Wildlife resources officers seek information in deer poaching case