Bountiful police officer injured in motorcycle crash
BOUNTIFUL, Utah — A Bountiful police officer suffered minor injuries in a crash Friday afternoon.
The officer, who was driving a motorcycle, was hit by a vehicle at 500 West and Center Street. The vehicle made a left turn without yielding, hitting the officer.
Dave Edwards of the Bountiful Police Department said, the officer was transported to the University of Utah Medical Center. He was released after being treated for a minor fracture.
“We were very fortunate the injuries weren’t more serious,” Edwards said.
However, the accident serves as another reminder for motorists to be careful.
“It’s just another reminder that it doesn’t require extra attention for motorcyclists,” Edwards said. “We have to be vigilant in looking for them as you’re entering the road way.”
- Bountiful police report two men wounded in early-morning drive-by
- An early morning shooting in Bountiful being investigated
Today’s Top Stories
- Mat and Savanna Shaw, a viral daddy-daughter singing duo sharing hope through music
- ‘Rust’ case file details Alec Baldwin’s texts after deadly shooting
- Second man arrested in connection to 7-11 Millcreek shooting
- Exploding Whale Memorial Park – a blast from the past is memorialized in a new park
- Boy with terminal brain cancer is giving back to other patients
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is opening 14 more temples
- Mayor announces Trader Joe’s will be coming to Draper in 2023
- The history behind el Día de los Muertos, or Day of the Dead
- West Jordan double homicide ‘person of interest’ in custody
- Davis County GOP leader apologizes for controversial Facebook post