Share this story...
Latest News

SWAT standoff in Millcreek comes to an end; three deceased individuals discovered

Unified police on scene of a hostage situation near 3900 South and Highland Drive on Friday, September 3, 2021. Photo: Andrew Adams, KSL TV

(Update: Saturday, 9:06 p.m.)

Authorities announced the names of the victims in the Millcreek SWAT standoff.

The victims are: Bonne Rachelle Brady, 54, Millcreek; Timothy Andrew Legrande, 53, Millcreek; Jacob Andrew Legrande, 30, Millcreek.  Authorities say Jacob Legrande is the suspect.

(UPDATE: Saturday, 4:35 p.m.)

The SWAT situation in Millcreek came to an end Saturday afternoon with the discovery of three deceased individuals inside a home. 

According to Salt Lake County Sheriff Rosie Rivera, the three victims consists of one female and two males. Rivera says the suspect is among those dead, but that has yet to be confirmed. 

Rivera also said, that two of the victims died Friday, while the third person died sometime between midnight and when the standoff ended around 3:30 p.m.

According to Rivera, negotiations between authorities and the suspect were held for several hours. However, the suspect ended all negotiations Friday night.

It is believed that family members of the suspect were at the home for an intervention. However, Rivera says that has yet to be confirmed. 

Rivera also stated authorities don’t know the criminal history of the individual. She did say all officers on scene are exhausted, but none were injured. 

Rivera also stressed there is no longer a danger to the community.

The situation at 3900 South and Highland Drive began Friday evening at around 6:30 p.m.

Authorities reopened 3900n South east of Highland Drive Saturday just after 5 p.m.


MILLCREEK, Utah — An elderly hostage has been rescued from a SWAT situation in Millcreek. This is an ongoing situation that started Friday night when officers from Unified Police were called to a scene near 3900 South and Highland Drive where a caller reported hearing gunshots.

According to KSL-TV reporter Andrew Adams, the elderly hostage was freed even as shots were being fired at officers.

On Saturday morning Unified spokeswoman Melody Cutler said a SWAT team is still on scene and that an investigation is ongoing.


MILLCREEK, Utah — The Unified Police Department are involved in a SWAT situation near 3900 South and Highland Drive Friday night.

Officers were called to the scene on a report of shots fired. Once they arrived, more shots were heard. 

According to KSL-TV’s Andrew Adams, officers freed an elderly woman, while coming under fire inside the residence. Due to her age, the woman suffered some injuries.