LOGAN, Utah — A crash up Logan Canyon Saturday afternoon claimed the life of a motorcyclist.
The accident occurred near milepost 472 on U.S. Highway 89. It closed the highway in both directions for a time.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the incident happened as a motorcyclist, a male in his 50s, failed to negotiate a curve at milepost 471. When it came to a stop, the motorcycle was down in the lane of traffic going the opposite direction.
A short time later, the motorcyclist was struck by a trailer with cattle that was being pulled by a truck. The motorcyclist died at the scene. There were no other injuries reported in the accident.
The highway was reopened at 3:30 p.m.. The identity of the victim was not released.
Today’s Top Stories
- 1.4 million seek US jobless aid, first increase since March
- Despite pandemic, no renter should struggle to pay the landlord
- Live-fire training scheduled at Camp Williams this week
- Sandy city officials urging hikers to be more prepared
- DC Police report 68 arrests made
- Layton rare coin dealer accused of multi-million dollar scheme
- Heat advisory for next two days along Wasatch Front
- Violence again rocks Minneapolis after man’s death; 1 killed
- UK aims to give 1st COVID-19 shot to all adults by September
- Utah Jazz announce 2021-22 regular-season schedule