SANDY, Utah — A police officer and a suspect are recovering in the hospital after a shooting at a Sandy apartment complex overnight.
This story is developing. Tune to KSL NewsRadio for the latest breaking developments here.
It happened at 242 West Harrison Street, near 9000 South and I-15. A large police presence remains on the scene with several agencies responding.
According to Sandy police, the SWAT team, which frequently includes officers from multiple agencies, responded to that address to serve a search warrant. They did not say whether the person who was shot was the subject of that warrant.
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) September 8, 2021
— Garna Mejia KSL (@GarnaMejiaKSL) September 8, 2021
Sandy police tell KSL the officer and the suspect both suffered non-life-threatening wounds in the shooting and should recover.
Just before 5 am a member of our SWAT Team was shot while serving a search warrant at Arcadia Apts. He is in stable condition. An occupant was also shot and in stable condition. SL OICI Team is investigating. No danger to the public. Please avoid the area. pic.twitter.com/69p8oQM17u
— Sandy Police (@Sandy_Police) September 8, 2021
This story will be updated. Stay tuned to KSL NewsRadio for the latest.
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- Would a border wall stop Utah’s gang problem?
- Salt Lake County assesses windstorm damage, opens warming centers
- Holladay Arts Council
- New “return to work” initiative for Utahns who lost jobs due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Huge haul of treasure stolen in German castle vault heist
- Utah Governor releases “Healthy Together” app to track spread of COVID-19
- Predawn fire guts old church housing New York’s Liberty Bell
- Australian woman arrested for inciting anti-lockdown protests
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- Police say drug ring run by teen had ties to many Utah schools