SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Police Department announced Sunday it has made an arrest in a triple-shooting that occurred in downtown last month.
Authorities arrested 27-year-old Rene Mendoza on Friday. He has been booked into the Salt Lake County Jail under investigation for three counts of aggravated assault.
The investigation began on Aug. 27 when authorities received a 911 call of a shooting at 2:09 a.m. The shooting happened near 32 East Exchange Place.
According to police, Mendoza fled the scene before authorities could arrive. Detectives reviewed surveillance video of the incident to identify Mendoza.
All three of the shooting victims, ages 22, 25 and 31, survived.
Today’s Top Stories
- Live Mic: Former Secret Service agents talk about protecting Joe Biden
- JayMac: Macin Smith update: My brother was allegedly investigated in Macin’s disappearance
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- State fire marshal talks about Lake Mountain Middle School delays
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces first ever African-American General Authority
- Federal charges filed against many white supremacist gang members and associates in Utah
- Mayochup? You mean Fry Sauce
- Athletes at the Tokyo Olympics will not need a vaccine to participate, organizers say
- Sen. Romney calls on federal government to update country’s response to wildfires
- Mary Livingston – Desert Hills Middle School