IRON COUNTY, Utah — A single-car rollover Sunday morning in Iron County claimed the life of an adult male.
The accident occurred in the area of milepost 71 on I-15 southbound.
According to first responders, a Toyota Tundra, which was occupied two males (a father and an adult male), drifted off the left side of the roadway. It then corrected back to the right and rolled off the west side of the interstate. It came to a rest in between I-15 and Old Highway 91.
According to officials, the vehicle was not visible to others until daylight. First responders arrived on scene just before 7 a.m. The father told officials they had been there since about 2 a.m. The passenger (son) sustained fatal injuries and had already passed away when emergency personnel arrived.
The driver was transported to an area hospital in serious condition. The identity and age of the victim were not released.
The freeway traffic was not significantly impacted by the investigation.
Today’s Top Stories
- Live Mic: Former Secret Service agents talk about protecting Joe Biden
- JayMac: Macin Smith update: My brother was allegedly investigated in Macin’s disappearance
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- State fire marshal talks about Lake Mountain Middle School delays
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces first ever African-American General Authority
- Sen. Romney calls on federal government to update country’s response to wildfires
- Mayochup? You mean Fry Sauce
- Senate President Stuart Adams blames Donovan Mitchell for blowback on attempted Critical…
- Mary Livingston – Desert Hills Middle School
- Multiple weekend search and rescue missions in Utah