SANDY, Utah — Police in Sandy now say two men found dead inside a residence overnight died by suicide.
Sgt. Clay Swensen said officers began life-saving efforts on the two men, but they succumbed to their injuries.
The names of the two victims have not been released.
Suicide prevention resources
If you or someone you know is struggling with thoughts of suicide, call the suicide prevention hotline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Utah County Crisis Line: 801-691-5433
- Salt Lake County/UNI Crisis Line: 801-587-3000
- Wasatch Mental Health Crisis Line: 801-373-7393
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Trevor Project Hotline for LGBTQ teens: 1-866-488-7386
- NAMI Utah: https://amiut.org
- Utah Chapter-American Foundation for Suicide Prevention: https://afsputah.com
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: https://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- The SafeUT App: https://safeut.org/
Warning signs of suicide
- Talking about wanting to die
- Looking for a way to kill oneself
- Talking about feeling hopeless or having no purpose
- Thoughts or comments about feeling trapped or in unbearable pain
- Talking about being a burden to others
- Increasing the use of alcohol or drugs
- Acting anxious, agitated or recklessly
- Sleeping too little or too much
- Withdrawing or feeling isolated
- Showing rage or talking about seeking revenge
- Displaying extreme mood swings
The more of these signs a person shows, the greater the risk. Warning signs are associated with suicide but may not be what causes suicide.
What to do if you see warning signs of suicide
- Do not leave the person alone
- Remove any firearms, alcohol, drugs or sharp objects that could be used in a suicide attempt
- Call the U.S. National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (8255)
- Take the person to an emergency room or seek help from a medical or mental health professional
Information from the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- Mrs. Bonnie Sulz – Northridge Elementary
- Devon Krebs, Mapleton City Police Department
- Elderly Utah man charged with violent attack at senior center
- Live Mic: Former Secret Service agents talk about protecting Joe Biden
- Secondary water shutdown coming to parts of Davis and Weber Counties
- Police: mall shooting was gang-related, two in custody
- Seniors trying to get COVID-19 vaccine say booking experience confusing, SLCO unveils new…
- No pool? No problem. With Swimply, you can rent one
- Home under renovation in Roy catches fire, $350K in damages
- In-depth: Shining a light on human trafficking, part one