Major disappointment: US economy adds only 194,000 jobs in September
(CNN) — America’s economic recovery has hit a roadblock: US employers added only 194,000 jobs in September, another troubling sign that Covid is disrupting the economy.
It marked the second-straight month in which the US economy added far fewer jobs than expected. Jobs growth slowed down dramatically in August.
The unemployment rate declined to 4.8% in September, the Bureau of Labor Statistics said Friday, down from 5.2% in August.
This is a developing story. It will be updated
™ & © 2021 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Some Sugar House residents unable to move back in as fire continues to smolder
- Utah is the second-most stressed state according to new study
- Exploding Whale Memorial Park – a blast from the past is memorialized in a new park
- OPINION: Dissecting Joe Biden’s eskimo kissing allegations
- Church breaks ground on Williamette Valley Oregon Temple
- 5 tips to stop touching your face
- In newly liberated villages, Ukrainian investigators uncover horrific claims of Russian…
- Honeybees produce as much electricity as a thunderstorm, study shows
- Update: Jazz player tests positive for COVID-19, NBA season suspended
- Suspects identified after burglary at church meeting house