Utah gas prices still above national average, vary by county
SALT LAKE CITY — The average price for a gallon of gas in Utah is still above the national average. How far above the average depends on the county where you fill up the tank.
The national average, according to AAA, is $3.43 per gallon of regular gasoline. The average for Utah is $3.69 per gallon, which is lower than the state average during the Labor Day weekend. Depending on the county where you get gas, you could pay more or less than that average.
Something to keep in mind as you go home for the holidays this week and next month: these are the current gas prices in Utah (courtesy of @AAAnews). The cheapest is in Sevier County at about $3.50/gallon, the priciest is in Daggett County at $4.09/gallon. @kslnewsradio pic.twitter.com/c7FLiaO6tj
— Nick Wyatt (@NickWyattNews) November 23, 2021
Gas prices by county
The cheapest gas in Utah can be found in Uintah, Duchesne, Juab, San Pete, and Sevier counties. A gallon runs between $3.49-3.64.
Where you can find the middle of the pack are Salt Lake, Utah, Box Elder, Cache, Carbon, and Iron counties. They all hover between $3.64 and $3.69.
The most expensive gas is in Morgan, Beaver, Piute, Wayne, and Garfield counties. You will pay $3.80-4.09 per gallon in those areas.
The priciest of them all: Daggett County. A gallon of regular unleaded is $4.09 there.
Earlier this month, local economist Brian Spendlove talked about a nearly 50% increase in gas prices for the month of October from the year before.
It’s currently unclear if the Biden administration plan to release some 50 million barrels of oil from the U.S. strategic reserves will help bring Utah gas prices lower.
Today’s Top Stories
- Motorcyclist killed in St. George accident
- Apartment fire displaces dozens in Richfield, community jumps in to help
- FBI gauges threats against educators and school board members
- Brain Body Boost (B3)
- Hatch, Lee react to GOP healthcare postponed vote
- “Freak accident” claims two moose calves near Mountain Dell Golf Course
- The West fears Russia is about to attack Ukraine. But that’s not the way Russians are…
- This Israeli mom is all of us during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Utah lifts gathering restrictions on private property, switches back to “transmission…
- BYU using genealogy to reconnect MIA soldiers with families