Crash involving four vehicles on NB I-15
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Highway Patrol reported a crash that involved four vehicles on NB I-15 on Thursday.
The UHP posted an update to twitter about a large crash on the 650 N. overpass near the West Gate to Hill Air Force Base on Northbound I-15. They reported that the accident involved four vehicles total; two semi trucks and two passenger vehicles.
Traffic Accident 650 N I-15 NB involving two semi trucks and two passenger vehicles. Lanes one and two are open and traffic is able to use the 650 N exit. The WB lane of 650 N is closed due to one of the passenger vehicles on the structure. Minor injuries are being reported. pic.twitter.com/uF2OsNSyPq
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) December 16, 2021
Clearfield Police also published a tweet cautioning drivers about how the crash affected traffic. Police instructed the public to avoid the area of 650 N and I-15. They noted that the West Gate to the HAFB was closed.
— Clearfield PD, Utah (@ClearfieldPD) December 16, 2021
UHP said no major injuries were reported. So far the crash has only resulted in known minor injuries.
At approximately 11:10 a.m., lanes one and two were open and traffic was reportedly able to use the 650 N. exit. However, Westbound lane of 650 N is closed off where one of the involved passenger vehicles remains.
The crash is expected to be cleaned up by 12:30 p.m. on Dec. 16.
This is a developing story. More details to come.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake ranks fourth nationally for pickleball but what is it?
- Utah is the 10th most active state in the country, according to study
- How to care for Canterbury Bells | KSL Greenhouse
- Utah gets more diverse; researcher says it should influence policy
- Navajo leaders quarantine as Native nation prepares for curfew
- Fed begins inflation fight with key rate hike, more to come
- VIP Special Needs Sports League
- Drug tests and background checks are becoming less important to employers. Here’s why
- BYU football names LSU assistant coach Jeff Grimes as new offensive coordinator
- The website Yelp is on the search for a Chief Pizza Officer