Crash between trucks driving the same direction leaves one dead on I-70
EMERY COUNTY, Utah — A woman is dead after a crash with another car on I-70 near mile marker 154.
The crash happened on Saturday, Dec. 18 at around 7:30 pm.
According to the Utah Department of Public Safety, a red Kenworth truck was pulling an oversized gas field trailer heading eastbound, driven by a male driver. Heading the same direction, a white Kenworth with double trailers was being driven by the woman.
According to the male driver, he was hit from behind while going 55 mph with the lights and flashers on. The white truck with the unidentified female driver ran off the road to the left, she died on impact.
No names have been released, more information will follow.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah fourth-grader pushes for eco-friendly lunch room
- Man facing reckless driving charges after incident in Stockton, police say
- Historic office of the Utah Boy Scouts has closed
- Utah group heads to Arizona with supplies for small Navajo Nation town
- 3 missionaries involved in car accident in Dominican Republic; results in 1 death
- Salt Lake City School District looks at COVID-19 infections in schools
- New bat exhibit on display at Utah preserve in Park City
- Man arrested in connection to shooting in a 7-11 parking lot in Millcreek
- Fan Effect Review: “Moonfall” misses the mark of sci-fi fun and disaster camp
- Special delivery: Over 500,000 protective face masks transported to Salt Lake International Airport