Hiker dies on Christmas Day in Padre Canyon
ST. GEORGE, Utah — A hiker suspected of having a medical emergency while hiking died on Christmas Day.
Sheriff’s Sgt. Darrell Cashin told St. George News the Washington County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue were called at around noon about a 75-year-old Ivins man suffering a medical emergency.
The man was hiking with a neighbors sister at the time along the Tuacahn and Snow Canyon, down into Padre Canyon. Around a mile and a half up the trail, the man began having seizures.
The woman hiking with him moved to find reception and called 911, after coming back his face had turned blue and she began CPR.
Search and rescue hiked in to reach the man and continued CPR, but he was eventually pronounced dead at the scene.
The cause of the death is still unknown, the Utah Medical Examiner will be investigating the death. Washington County Sheriff detectives will also investigate the accident and contact the family.
The name has not been released by the police.
Today’s Top Stories
- Only about 2,000 people speak the Cherokee language fluently. The tribe is saving some…
- USU President Noelle E. Cockett will step down
- US to lift travel ban on 8 southern African countries
- Community works to rally around teens killed in rollover
- Russian troops slam generals over ‘incomprehensible battle’ that reportedly…
- Student suspect in custody after 3 football players shot dead and 2 people wounded at the…
- Salt Lake seeing highest drop in home sales, national report finds
- More than 100 feared dead after tornadoes tear through several states
- Senate President Stuart Adams blames Donovan Mitchell for blowback on attempted Critical…
- Bates sworn in as SLCSD interim superintendent