Live Well – Goal Setting
It’s not a diet. It’s not a boot camp. It’s not about the perfect body. It’s not about the quick fix, a six-week program, a band-aid, a fad. It’s a lifestyle, not a crash course. It’s about learning how to live well.
We know that health is more than just going on a run, it’s about connecting with your friends and family, eating nourishing foods, and an all-around sense of well-being.
You may have set a goal for this new year and we have a few tips to help make it stick.
1. Start with a small goal; start slowly and consistently so your body gets used to it.
2. Be realistic and honest with yourself about the resources and time you have available.
3. Set reminders in your calendar or cell phone so you don’t forget.
4. Don’t let setbacks destroy your goals.
5. Lastly, stay positive. It can be difficult to make changes in your life but believe in yourself and focus on what impact it will have on your life once you’ve achieved it.
SelectHealth recognizes the health and wellness changes you are making as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Motorcyclist killed in St. George accident
- Jon Huntsman Jr meets with Russia’s president
- Apartment fire displaces dozens in Richfield, community jumps in to help
- FBI gauges threats against educators and school board members
- Brain Body Boost (B3)
- Hatch, Lee react to GOP healthcare postponed vote
- “Freak accident” claims two moose calves near Mountain Dell Golf Course
- World’s oldest movie theater is in Kansas
- The West fears Russia is about to attack Ukraine. But that’s not the way Russians are…
- This Israeli mom is all of us during the COVID-19 outbreak