Lehi police search for suspects in overnight car chase, one is on foot
LEHI, Utah — A car chase began early Wednesday morning after suspects in a vehicle burglary fled the scene in two separate vehicles.
Around 3:30 a.m. Lehi police were called to a vehicle burglary in front of a home. When the officers arrived, the suspects fled and a car chase ensued.
Breaking: Lehi police say a vehicle burglary suspect lead officers on a chase through Lehi, and then got onto I-15 going north in the southbound lanes. The vehicle’s tires were eventually spiked in SSL. @jdubz66 is live on scene. Updates on KSL Today. #utah @KSL5TV pic.twitter.com/05t0swOZNw
— Shara Park ✨ (@KSLSharaPark) January 19, 2022
Two suspects fled the scene. Police reported that one fled in a white Ford with no license plate. Another left the scene in a black truck with an Arizona license plate.
Officers started in pursuit of the black truck throughout the Lehi city. However, the suspect drove the truck in the wrong direction in the southbound lanes of I-15. Police ended their pursuit of the black truck there.
UDOT and UHP then track the black truck to South Salt Lake. They put spikes on the road around 3500 S. Main Street. The car was spiked and came to a halt.
However, the chase did not end there. Instead, the suspect jumped out of the vehicle and ran from officers on foot. Police are still looking for the suspect in the black truck. No further information is known about the suspect in the white Ford.
Today’s Top Stories
- Identifying veterans’ suicide risk via social media
- South Salt Lake police investigating suspicious death of an infant
- Historic office of the Utah Boy Scouts has closed
- One person killed in a single vehicle crash in Logan
- Vernal authorities investigating an auto-pedestrian incident
- Getting the Call to Serve: 7 Easy and Fulfilling Ways to Get Your Future Missionary Prepared…
- Alpine, Davis school districts ramp up support for social and emotional learning
- This Israeli mom is all of us during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Prosecutors warn parents about online safety after more than 100 predators arrested within…
- Utah’s lone surviving Moon Tree faces uncertain future