Church officials update local COVID-19 guidelines
Feb 18, 2022, 10:59 AM | Updated: 3:57 pm
(Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News)
SALT LAKE CITY — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has updated its COVID-19 guidelines.
The First Presidency told members Friday that local presidencies should determine, on a local basis, if masks and other COVID precautions should be used at church-sponsored activities.
The church advised local leaders to consider the guidance of health officials when making these decisions. The church also said masks are still required for temple visitors.
This story will be updated.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Suspect in custody in South Salt Lake homicide
- Nate Crandall – Blackridge Elementary
- From Addict to Ironman: Todd Crandall runs #93 tomorrow in St. George
- Mayor suspends officers involved in man’s suffocation death
- Man recovering from injuries after Saratoga Springs head-on crash
- Woman sentenced for allegedly buying biological weapon to kill roommate
- Two workers from Wasatch Electric electrocuted while working in West Valley City
- Ex-boyfriend arrested, accused of shooting a woman while she was driving