Street Dawg Crew of Utah
Many of those experiencing homelessness find comfort in having a pet, but sometimes it can be difficult to provide food or vet services to those animals. Street Dawg Crew of Utah offers free pet food and supplies, promotes positive and responsible pet ownership, and identifies and provides low-cost pet resources.
Pets not only act as an alarm in the face of danger or offer unconditional love and support but provide a sense of responsibility and purpose. Many find that having a pet motivates them to find housing or a more stable environment.
In 2021, Street Dawg Crew distributed 52,000 pounds of pet food, provided 200 free vaccinations, and over $11,000 in emergency medical funding. If you are experiencing a hardship and need pet food, they’re available every Sunday at noon at Pioneer Park in downtown Salt Lake City. To learn more visit streetdawgcrew.org.
SelectHealth recognizes the loving support provided by Street Dawg Crew of Utah as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- More pickleball courts (and more players) coming to South Jordan
- Pack your bags! Extended stays at Bear Lake await you
- Amazon announces new fulfillment center, 800 jobs in West Jordan
- Utah’s new free mask program sees high demand and wait times
- Meline Hansen – Midas Creek Elementary
- Utah homeschooling is on the rise. What does that say about education in Utah?
- Child porn investigation leads to meth discovery, closure of Sandy daycare
- Salt Lake ranks fourth nationally for pickleball but what is it?
- Herriman Mayor, amidst calls for his resignation, apologizes for misuse of city funds
- Argentine soccer great Diego Maradona dies at 60