It’s time to support the great farmers markets across Utah. The Downtown Farmers Market in Salt Lake City is nationally recognized and was created in 1992 by the Downtown Alliance and it’s become a summer tradition for residents and visitors. Located in historic Pioneer Park, the Downtown Farmers Market has infused vitality and fresh produce into the middle ground between East and West neighborhoods.
The mission of the Market is to support sustainable, regional agriculture; increase access to nutritious, local foods in urban areas; and to educate consumers about shopping local. The vendors at the market represent more than one hundred local farms and ranches and include everything from fresh off the tree apricots to hand-made clay jewelry.
Markets will be held from June to October on Saturday mornings from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at Pioneer park in Salt Lake City. Come visit the SelectHealth and Intermountain Healthcare booth while you’re there!
SelectHealth recognizes the local food movement from farmers markets across the state as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church breaks ground on Williamette Valley Oregon Temple
- Some Sugar House residents unable to move back in as fire continues to smolder
- Grantsville child dies, police investigating suspected child abuse
- Utah is the second-most stressed state according to new study
- In newly liberated villages, Ukrainian investigators uncover horrific claims of Russian…
- Honeybees produce as much electricity as a thunderstorm, study shows
- Update: Jazz player tests positive for COVID-19, NBA season suspended
- Exploding Whale Memorial Park – a blast from the past is memorialized in a new park
- OPINION: Dissecting Joe Biden’s eskimo kissing allegations
- Walmart limits the number of customers in stores to help fight the spread of coronavirus