You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
This article about how to spend a day at Bear Lake is sponsored by the Bear Lake Convention and Visitors Bureau.
Bear Lake is a beautiful place to visit and it’s only about an hour and a half from Salt Lake City. The lake is surrounded by some of the most beautiful mountains in the state and there are plenty of activities to keep you busy. You can swim, fish, hike, and ride horses on the property.
Butch Cassidy Museum
The Paris Tabernacle is a small, unassuming building in the town of Bear Lake, Utah. Cassidy was born in the town in 1867 and spent his childhood there. The museum is filled with artifacts from Cassidy’s life, from his boyhood to his days as a bank robber and outlaw. It’s an interesting and informative museum, and well worth a visit if you’re in the area. You can read more about Butch Cassidy and Bear Lake at bearlake.org/butch-cassidy.
Paris Idaho Tabernacle
The Paris Tabernacle is a historic building located in Paris, Idaho. It was built in 1876 by the Mormon pioneers and is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Tabernacle is open to the public and offers free guided tours.
Bear Lake’s North Beach
If you’re looking to round out your trip to Bear Lake, North Beach is the place to go. With crystal-clear water and plenty of sandy beaches to enjoy, it’s the perfect spot to spend a summer day. There’s also a playground and some picnic tables if you want to pack a lunch.
- Bear Lake Idaho: surprising facts you never knew
- 5 Bear Lake trails to hike with the whole family this year
- Here’s what you need to know about Bear Lake rentals this spring and summer
This is a sponsored article brought to you by KSL News Radio in conjunction with the advertiser. The advertiser paid a fee to promote this article and may have influenced or authored the content. The views expressed in this article are those of the advertiser and do not necessarily reflect those of KSL News Radio, its parent company, or its staff.
Today’s Top Stories
- One family’s warning about raves after the death of a loved one
- A $1.6 billion jackpot has Utahns crossing state lines for lottery tickets
- Update: 4 dead after plane crash near Box Elder Peak, Tibble Fork Reservoir
- Two people tried to double vote at Salt Lake GOP convention, charges could come
- Rainfall record in Delta shattered, residents prepare for more flooding
- Salt Lake ranks fourth nationally for pickleball but what is it?
- Alta High School and Cottonwood High School will move remote learning due to COVID-19
- Planned execution of Native American man stirs emotion within tribe
- Advocates call for tighter regulations on tanning beds
- Flash flooding, storms, wreak more havoc on southern Utah