How to help kids maintain a healthy body image in the digital age
Some of the common causes for this lack of confidence at such early ages can include living with an adult who deals with body image issues as well as high levels of the use of media particularly screen and social media.
Specifically, media can promote what Northeastern University researchers called unrealistic appearance ideals, and the sexualization of people in media.
So how do parents compete with the media and help instill positive body images in their kids? KSL NewsRadio hosts Dave and Dujanovic spoke to a psychiatrist for insight. Listen to the podcast segment below!
Today’s Top Stories
- One family’s warning about raves after the death of a loved one
- A $1.6 billion jackpot has Utahns crossing state lines for lottery tickets
- Update: 4 dead after plane crash near Box Elder Peak, Tibble Fork Reservoir
- Two people tried to double vote at Salt Lake GOP convention, charges could come
- Rainfall record in Delta shattered, residents prepare for more flooding
- Salt Lake ranks fourth nationally for pickleball but what is it?
- Alta High School and Cottonwood High School will move remote learning due to COVID-19
- Planned execution of Native American man stirs emotion within tribe
- Advocates call for tighter regulations on tanning beds
- Flash flooding, storms, wreak more havoc on southern Utah